Blog Posts

Prompt: Introduction Blog Post

Please write a blog post introducing yourself! Tell us what your interests are, what you plan on doing at LaGuardia, and what you’re passionate about. Please also include an image–this could be a picture of you or some image that represents you and/or your interests.

• RONGRONG MAZZARA (SHE/HERS)

My name is RongRong Mazzara, although Maggie is a name I also respond to. My pronouns are she/her(s). I earned an Associate Degree in Classical Music with a specialization in Voice outside of the United States. I am a mother of two children. Currently, I am pursuing further education in Early Childhood Education. As a full-time paraprofessional in a public elementary school, I am tasked with assisting the class teacher and providing support to students in need within the classroom setting on a daily basis. Throughout the ongoing 2023-24 school calendar year, I have had the privilege of working closely with autistic children across various age groups, gaining invaluable experience in the process.

• Beata (she/her)

Hello everyone! My name is Beata, and I’m an accounting major currently working at a bank. I’ve always had a strong interest in numbers and finance, which led me to pursue a career in accounting. My goal at LaGuardia is to sharpen my accounting skills and deepen my understanding of financial analysis and reporting.

Working at a bank has been a great experience so far, as it allows me to apply what I’m learning in school in real-world scenarios. I’m passionate about helping people manage their finances, and I hope to one day become a certified public accountant (CPA) and work in corporate finance or auditing.

Outside of accounting, I enjoy problem-solving and am always looking for new ways to be more efficient at work and in life. I’m also a big fan of personal finance and love learning about investment strategies and wealth management.

Looking forward to making the most of my time at LaGuardia and connecting with like-minded people!

• Jeremy Leon (He/Him)

My name is Jeremy Leon, I am a Nutrition and Culinary Management major. I love to cook and I am currently a Sous-Chef in a ballroom in Times Sqaure. I really am passionate about cooking and fighting. As a side hustle I am also a Muay Thai/MMA coach. I started doing martial arts around 4 years ago and it has been my other passion. I have competed locally and nationally in Muay Thai and MMA. Despite all of this I am currently 19 years old and my birthday is October 10th.

• Raymond Segers-Sargeant

Hi everyone!

My name is Raymond. I’m a bit of a fish out of water, but I’m hoping to make a splash here!
    I’m a pretty laid-back person with a few hobbies that keep me busy. When I’m not working, you can usually find me swimming, tinkering with technology, or gaming. At LaGuardia, I’m hoping to make the most of all the opportunities available to me. Whether it’s joining resume writing workshops, attending other workshops, swimming, or simply connecting with other students, I’m excited to get to know people from various backgrounds. One of my biggest passions is swimming.

• Myosotis Oxios-Laureano (She/Her)

Hi, my name is Myosotis Oxios-Laureano but you can call me Myo. Some of my interests are trying new restaurants and foods,Traveling, shopping, watching my boys play basketball and cooking. I am currently enrolled in laguardia for Business Administration-Healthcare Management. I am passionate about landing a higher position at work and hopefully make changes that will impact people in a positive way.

• Justin Sukhnandan (He/him)

Hello my name is Justin Sukhnandan and I’m 18 years old. I’m going to LaGuardia to pursue my future Radiology technician career. I’ve worked as an intern in both the Weill Cornell hospital in Manhattan and Queens Ny Presbyterian hospital where I was given the opportunity to shadow a variety departments throughout the buildings. Throughout that time I’ve realized that I like helping people and making a change in there lives even if it’s just the small things. Although I’m working towards the healthcare field, my other interests are mostly music and cars. My goal is to be able to gain a consistent and steady income of money to be able to support myself and future family and live stress free.

• Adam J Gamboa

My name is Adam Gamboa, and I enjoy music, fitness, and business-related topics. Since business administration is my major. I plan on getting my associate degree from LaGuardia in business, and I have a strong passion for boxing. 

• Samia Chy

Hello everyone, my name is Samia Chi, and I am currently studying Computer Science at LaGuardia College. As a first-generation student from Bangladesh, I always had a passion for math and science, which naturally led me to pursue a degree in computer science. My ultimate goal is to become a software engineer, and I am working my best to make that dream a reality. I have always had a deep love for problem solving and the field of computer science provided the perfect platform to channel that passion.

I am currently focused on completing my associate degree. After that, I plan to transfer to City Technology College to further enhance my skills and knowledge. I am particularly excited about deepening my understanding of software development.

Besides study, I enjoy spending my free time with my hobbies. As an Asian woman, I am deeply connected to my cultural roots, and one of the ways I express this is through cooking and baking. I find it both relaxing and rewarding to try new recipes. However, my love for technology and creativity drives me to constantly explore new horizons.

• Tenzin (Tsering)

Hi, my name is Tenzin Tsering. I am 19 years old and I am here to pursue my associate degree in Computer Science at LaGuardia. When I am not studying or doing my homework, you can find me at a boutique store or a shopping mall, looking for the best skirts, heels, and quality clothes. Shopping is one of my interests. I also love walking because I believe it is the best form of exercise. In addition to my academic goals, I am quite passionate about learning the ways of business, being consistent with my skincare, and always looking for skincare products and sunscreens! 🙂