Blog Posts,  Introductions

Introduction

Hi everyone, This is Karen L.

I’m currently studying Veterinary Technology at LaGuardia Community College because I’ve always been passionate about animals. After volunteering at animal shelters, I realized I wanted to make a real difference by giving pets the care they deserve. My goal is to eventually work in an emergency or private pet clinic, where I can apply my skills and help animals in real-life situations. I’m also planning to find a shadowing opportunity to get some hands-on experience.

While veterinary technology is my current focus, I believe my life won’t revolve around one profession. I see my future as full of possibilities, and after graduation, I plan to explore other skills and pursue licenses beyond this field. Getting this license is just one step, but I’m excited about all the other things I might learn and achieve along the way.

In my free time, I enjoy listening to music, watching nightscapes, and reflecting on the future. I also love learning about business – it’s funny because no one in my family is in the medical field. They’re all into business, so I’m kind of the odd one out! It can feel a bit lonely when they don’t fully understand my passion for veterinary medicine, but I’m still excited about my journey. I also enjoy learning about finance, investing, and cooking, which helps keep things interesting outside of my studies.

One Comment